Where are the most effective locations to place your home security cameras in Greenville? Generally, you should consider three major regions of your residence for video protection: your main entry, your home’s exterior, and key interior rooms. While your security installer is able to recommend where to start, here are some helpful tips on where to place your home security cameras at your home.
Don’t Forget To Protect Your Main Entrance
While it might seem absurd that an intruder would try to casually enter through your home’s main entryway, 34% of break-ins happen at this obvious access point. There are also porch pirates among other threats to think about. A video doorbell is ideal to tackle these types of worries with high-definition, wide-angle viewing.
Video doorbells are even more beneficial as you are able to speak with all guests who walk up and engage the doorbell. With the help of your security app, like ADT Control, you may answer all engagements with two-direction audio and live feeds and appear to be at home. Then if a person begins doing something questionable, you can have your camera automatically record a clip and transmit it to your cell phone with a text message.
Get the Most Coverage Possible With Your External Video Surveillance
Figuring out where to place home security cameras outside your residence is a more challenging task. Luckily, there are a handful of suggestions to make sure your property is safeguarded appropriately.
- Cameras at the corners of your Greenville house allow for a large viewing angle, letting you see two segments of your yard.
- Just below an overhang or into a piece of trim or siding are ideal locations for security cameras as they will be partly concealed by blending into your gutterline.
- Above your garage, because the garage door is a more enticing access point for intruders than you’d think!
- Overlooking a patio or back door -- or any entrance not in clear view from the road.
In each of these spots, you should always prune any overgrown plants or trees that might obstruct the camera’s view.
Recommendations To Get The Most From Your In-Home Surveillance
You have quite a bit more flexibility on where to place home security cameras within your residence in Greenville. That same versatility results in there being other installation variables to contemplate:
- Sunshine through Your Windows: While you’ll want to ensure your windows are down and latched, the natural light through a window can cast a glare on your camera’s video feed. Point the lens away from direct sunlight to eliminate this problem.
- Take the High Road: Similar to a watchtower, a video camera located in an elevated area will have a broader view. You might situate your cameras at the top of bookcases or mounted on the ceiling.
- Prevent Access by Children and Pets: Your video equipment won’t have the chance to safeguard your home if it’s broken. Install your indoor units where children or pets can’t tamper with them. You might consider mounting or a different method of securing them to be certain they won’t wobble if accidentally bumped.
- Houseplants and Decor: The top surveillance system won’t help you much if there is a decorative item or plant obstructing the field of vision. However, decor or foliage can also serve as a means to conceal your surveillance installation. Just make sure they don’t obscure the lens!
Turn to Secure24 Alarm Systems And Find the Right Place For Your Home Security Cameras
If you want the right placement of your home security cameras and other security equipment, enlist the experienced technicians at Secure24 Alarm Systems. We'll help install the right package for your whole house -- defending every square foot. Simply contact (252) 221-5660 or fill out the form on this page to get started.