How Does Geofencing In Greenville Work With A Home Security System?
Today's smart security installations are getting increasingly more intelligent. Even so, it’s still easy to fail to perform simple security tasks like turning on your a home security system, closing the garage, or even making sure your doors are locked.
How would you feel if you no longer needed to worry about these chores ever again? With geofencing in Greenville, you won’t need to.
What is Geofencing In Greenville For Security Systems?
Geofencing creates a virtual boundary a set distance from your residence, which you are able to customize within your cell phone app. This convenient tool then tracks your phone to deduce when you cross the perimeter and then initiates your “leaving-the-house” automations.
How Does Geofencing Work?
Geofencing is made possible by z-wave, a home automation protocol that smart components take advantage of to interact with each other. The technology takes smart home devices further by centralizing all components onto the same network. You are then able to set up a virtual “fence” along the perimeter of your house and assign particular actions when you go past the specified border.
To illustrate, as soon as you pull away from your premises, you could set your security system to lock doors, shut the garage door, and switch the alarm back on. Conversely, when you arrive home for the evening, geofencing will notify your system to disarm alarms, elevate the garage door, turn on lights, and even adjust your your home’s comfort levels.
Below are a handful of the components you can control with geofencing:
● Connected thermostats
● Surveillance and alarms
● Various electronics such as Stereos, TVs, and appliances
● Garage doors
Schedules, Scenes, And Geofencing Are All Possible With Your Mobile Security App
Geofencing is only one of a variety of ways to use your home’s security system in Greenville. When you download the mobile app, you are able to do a lot with smart home automation. In a few easy touches of a button, and you are able to:
● Program schedules: set your smart components to operate at a specific time. Instruct your lighting to turn down to indicate that it's time to turn in for the night, or disengage your alarms as you start your day.
● Manage how devices interact: Make certain equipment activate based on another activity. Have your thermostat activate the fan when a smoke detector is set off. Or switch on your hall’s smart light if your surveillance system detects unusual motion outside.
● Preprogram scenes: Make scenes featuring various devices that all act in unison. Have your lighting switch off, the temperature go down, and the smart door locks activate at the end of the day. Or program the system for TV night with preset light and temperature adjustments.
● Take advantage of geofencing: You may not always remember to arm the security system when you're running late for work. With geofencing functionality and your mobile device, you'll never forget to turn on your alarms and lower the garage door.
Enjoy The Benefits Of Geofencing in Greenville
Whether you’re looking for additional reassurance of a fully secured property whenever you drive away or you wish to automate your smart home technology, geofencing will make things easier. Talk to a skilled member of our team today at (252) 221-5660 or submit the form below to get started on your perfect security system.