Home security cameras can solely be placed as a hindrance—a display that informs criminals or intruders that “we see you.” Or you can utilize your home security cameras to bolster your home’s defenses.
Fortunately, today’s security cameras arrive equipped with a plethora of tools all built to deliver total protection for your family. Whether it’s recording functionality and two-way talk or infrared dark vision and fast action motion detectors, these additions enable you to get the most from video surveillance in Greenville.
How To Set Up Your Greenville Video Surveillance For Top-Of-The-Line Protection
The first step to optimizing your security cameras is installing the components in the proper spots around your living space. Indoor security cameras should be placed in common areas such as the kitchen or den. It’s also a great move to have a camera pointed at main entryways, stairs, or other centralized areas intruders would have to move around to get to the rest of your house. Exterior security cameras should provide a clear sightline of your patio, driveway, front and backyard, garage, and other outdoor detached constructions, like sheds. You can always access a view of your front porch with a discreet doorbell camera.
There are areas inside your house that aren’t quite as imperative to watch such as bedrooms, bathrooms, and basements without a good entryway to the outside. Secrecy for you and your family should be a primary concern prior to installing a security device in a bedroom.. You can always add window or motion sensors if you need some type of security in bedrooms.
Features That Elevate Home Security Cameras
Component placement is only the first step in extracting the utmost from home security cameras in Greenville. The innovations shown below help to maximize security and increase overall home safety.
- Motion detection: Receive automatic alerts on your mobile device the instant strange activity is detected. You can also configure cameras to start capturing footage when activity is discovered which will boost camera recording time.
- Cloud storage for smart clips: Program your video surveillance to record and back up clips so you can view them anytime.
- 2-way talk: Most of current security cameras have a built-in microphone and speaker so you can actually converse with anyone via the device. Via your security app, you can make it seem you’re home or welcome your kids as they arrive home from school.
- Wide angle lens: Field of view, or how wide camera footage is, gives you a more exhaustive view of any space. Look for cameras that have at least 120° wide angle lens or that are able to pan all the way around for complete visibility.
- Night vision: Make sure your home security cameras have either LED or infrared sensors that can produce footage of pitch black motion.
- Activity zones: Activity zones provide you the flexibility to guard single areas within your house.. For example, you can program your doorbell camera to inform you of activity occurring on your yard or your driveway and ignore traffic passing or foot traffic.
- Security app: security app, like ADT Control®, empower you to live-stream camera footage, move cameras, power or disengage the system, and capture events. Most importantly, the app will send timely alerts when the see unusual motion around your house.
Get Your Video Surveillance Today
Getting the most out of your home security cameras in Greenville is easier. From rapid motion detection to two-way audio, your home security rises from just a deterrent to an impenetrable defense. Call (252) 221-5660 or submit the form below to begin personalizing your home security system today.