How To Decide Between Monitored Vs. Unmonitored Security Systems In Greenville
You understand you have to protect your home. After all, it supplies shelter for your loved ones and is where you have all of your possessions. But what type of home security is best? Figuring out if you should utilize 24/7 monitoring is one of the primary considerations you will make. Learn more about the advantages and drawbacks of monitored vs. unmonitored security systems in Greenville and see what’s best for you.
Important Distinctions Between Monitored Vs. Unmonitored Home Security Systems
When you opt for 24/7 monitoring, your home’s defense links to a professional monitoring team that is set to offer assistance at any moment. When a window sensor triggers or a CO detector goes off, your monitoring specialists receive a prompt warning. They quickly go to work to validate the alarm and send the appropriate emergency services.
Conversely, an unmonitored security system doesn’t include professional support. You could consider this to be self-monitoring, which indicates that if an alarm sounds, you must act to remedy the situation. This option is the more affordable alternative, but it also puts all the responsibility on you.
Advantages And Drawbacks Of A Monitored Security System In Greenville
Here’s a quick overview of the benefits and downsides of a monitored security system.
Advantages Of Monitored Systems
- Elevated security: Having a backup at the ready is always wise. If you are on vacation, asleep, or without access to your cell phone, your property and those inside will still be watched over.
- Faster response times: Monitoring professionals are always standing by to help. They’ll respond quicker to incidents than you can alone.
- Insurance savings: Monitored home security might entitle you to a discount on your home insurance premium.
- Top-of-the-line components and smooth integration: By getting tools, installation, and monitoring from a reputable home security provider, you will get access to a fully integrated system with devices that may be better than what you will find yourself.
Drawbacks Of A Monitored System
- Expense: You will have a monthly charge for monitoring.
- Have to get your system installed professionally: Numerous individuals would rather have the job done by experienced technicians, but some might want to do it by themselves.
- Need to sign a contract: You will generally be required to sign a contract as part of your package. This will be agreeable for many as home security is a benefit you will want for the long haul.
Benefits And Downsides Of An Unmonitored Security System In Greenville
Here’s a brief breakdown of the advantages and drawbacks of an unmonitored security system.
Advantages Of An Unmonitored System
- Price: You won’t need to pay a monitoring charge.
- Install on your own: Some might think of this as an advantage as they can install the system themselves and avoid an extra charge. Other people will prefer going with a professional.
- Greater Flexibility: You may incorporate devices whenever you desire - and from any manufacturer. However, you may find integrating into a fully connected system more challenging.
- You have complete control: You won’t have a third party monitoring your alarms. If something happens, you’re in control of getting help.
Drawbacks Of An Unmonitored System
- No support system: What if you’re away from your smartphone and don’t get a security alert? This situation equates to additional stress and lower your peace of mind.
- Demands your full attention: Due to the fact you are the sole person in control, you must always stay connected to your home security app.
- Hooking up the system is up to you: If you require a helping hand during the install, you may have to employ a separate service professional. The installation is also likely to take more time.
Defend Your Property With a Monitored Home Security System In Greenville
Get the 24/7 support you deserve with a monitored home security system in Greenville from Secure24 Alarm Systems. We’re sure you’ll agree that a cohesive, monitored system is the right choice for you. Dial (252) 221-5660 today to get started.